INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may choose to provide us with personal information when you visit our website. For example, if you decide to complete an application, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact information (name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number), age group, gender and details surrounding the reason for your relationship with Intercoll.
If you would prefer that we not collect any personal information from you, please do not provide us with this information, although obviously if you don’t provide us with any information we ask for, it might mean that we won’t be able to supply you with the assistance you want.
We will store and use your information for the purposes and in the ways set out in this policy. In addition to the information you give us, you also agree that we can:
- collect information about your personal finances from credit reporting agencies, current and previous employers and another person like a bank or lender who may have information relevant to your credit history;
- check this information against records held by government agencies (like the NZTA); and
- record any telephone calls between us and use those recordings for training, evidence or security purposes.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
You agree that we can use your personal information to do any of the following:
- assess whether you will be able to make any payments without coming under financial pressure;
- manage your account, including monitoring payments;
- let you know about changes to your account by message, email, telephone or post. If you don’t want to receive this information just email us at email@example.com with the word STOP in the subject bar.
- provide other services to you and manage your relationship with us;
- help us run our business and meet any legal obligations we have; and
- conduct market research and statistical analysis.
WHO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH
You agree that we can give your information to:
- members of the INTERCOLL Group (being any company or business that is associated with INTERCOLL) our agents and people who provide us with services;
- reputable market research organisations (you can opt out of this if you want)
- credit reporting agencies who may hold and use that information to provide their credit reporting services;
- debt collection agencies and law firms;
- anyone we transfer our rights and obligations to in connection with your account or products, or that we are considering transferring them to; and
- anyone else we need to contact to carry out your instructions.
- We will not provide your personal information to anyone outside INTERCOLL or the INTERCOLL Group for marketing purposes except as set out in this policy.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
We might sometimes be legally required to give your personal information to someone. For example, we might have to give it to the police or a government agency like the Inland Revenue. We will only provide the information if we reasonably believe the person asking for it is properly authorised to do so or that we are required by law to provide it, and we will always try to let you know beforehand (unless we are prevented from doing so by law or practically).
Additionally, we may also disclose any information when it is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or where we suspect illegal activity.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable safeguards to protect this website against unauthorised disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on the site and we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993. Information may be stored physically or electronically and will be kept securely.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your information is accurate although that depends primarily on you providing us with the correct information and keeping it updated. You can check your information and if it is not correct, ask us to update it.
We won’t give your personal information to anyone else except in the circumstances set out in this policy or in any other agreement you have with us.
If you have any questions about our website’s security, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may revise this policy from time to time. If we decide to do so, we will post the revised policy here. We suggest that you periodically check. The effective date of the policy is at the top of this page.
MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES AND INFORMATION PREFERENCES
You can manage and control how you receive communications from us, and the type of communications you receive. While we must have a means of contacting you in respect of your account, you can choose the method of contact you would like to receive from us moving forward.
To unsubscribe from emails simply click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email from us or email us at email@example.com. You can use the same address to unsubscribe from text messages and manage mail or phone communications.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right under the Privacy Act 1993 to see the information that we hold about you and you can ask us to correct any mistakes in it. If we don’t agree to make the change you can ask us to include a note on your personal information saying you asked for a correction.
You agree that the information we give to credit reporting agencies about you may include details about your repayment history, whether any account is current and any overdue or dishonoured payments. We can also give them your Driver’s Licence and other information we hold about you. This is known as “positive credit reporting” because it isn’t just about payments that haven’t been made. The credit reporting agency can use this information to provide their services to their clients (subject to their obligations under the Credit Reporting Privacy Code).
If you want to know more about credit reporting or your rights visit www.privacy.org.nz
We take your privacy seriously. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 15.08.2018